Thursday, December 13, 2012

Music Reviews I Missed in 2012



The birth of this blog can be attributed solely to my undying passion for music. Yes, I hear music a lot, a lot, literally, and I try to share my thoughts here as regular as possible. But alas, due to unavoidable commitments, which can come in various forms like my exams, cultural and technical festivals in my college, and of course my laziness, I have thoroughly missed reviewing some albums. Not that I missed hearing them. But I was, due to various reasons, not available at the time of their release and by the time I got back, other albums wold have released and it would have been too late for a review.
So here I give the albums of 2012 I liked and I missed reviewing. I hope such a post doesn't come next year.  Cheers! :)

1. Players : Was an average album, but I liked Dil ye bekraar, both versions immensely.

2. Will You Marry Me : Was a good album and I'm still hooked to Soniye. Brilliant stuff!

3. Bittoo Boss. Good, and liked Mann Jaage.

4. Gangs of Wasseypur : I actually didn't write it intentionally due to the simple fact that I was perplexed by the sheer brilliance and complexity of the album. I didn't know what to write, since I was unfamiliar with many of the genres. As I observed, even many of the top reviewers didn't get the entire genres correct even when they praised the album. GOW was excellent for me and I'll always admire Sneha Khanwalkar for the hard hard work she did. 

5. English Vinglish : Oh, how I regret not writing this review.! I had exams, I presume but this one is just excellent stuff! Loved each and every track and kudos to Amit Trivedi.!

6. Chittagong : Excellent score from Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. A tad situational, but novel.

7. Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana : Good work by Amit Trivedi. But below par considering English Vinglish.

8. 1920 Evil Returns : Some good songs, overall average.

9. Kahaani : Undoubtedly one of the best albums of 2012. Vishal-Shekhar has put their heart into the music score even though many tracks were not featured in the movie, which was equally outstanding.! Piya Tu, Tore Bina and Kahaani title track are beautiful and absorbing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment